How To Write A Killer Resume Summary
How To Write A Killer Resume Summary That Impresses The Recruiters Right Away how to write a killer resume summary that impresses the recruiters right away Snatching your recruiter’s attention only by a few sentences in a resume summary is never as challenging as you think.
Do you know, the personnel manager only spends about 6 seconds scanning your resume, so making the first impression is really important. Despite being part and parcel of our application, some applicants often do not take notice of the resume summary when writing a resume.
When you finish your resume and cover letter, it’s a good idea to complement your resume with a compelling summary. This article will give you specific information about a resume summary, write a killer resume summary that impresses the recruiters right away when to use, and recommend step-by-step instructions for building an intriguing one.
What is a resume summary?
A resume summary statement (or career summary, personal statement, or professional summary…) is a short paragraph (about 2 – 5 sentences) placed on the top of the resume to highlight the job seeker’s remarkable position-related skills and expertise. This part of the resume allows you to showcase your strongest points and demonstrate your relevance to this position.
Resume summary statement sample
It is the first impression of your job application, which can decide whether your resume will be accepted or not. This section aims to describe your qualifications and convince the reader to discover more information presented on your resume. So, try to make your resume summary as fascinating as possible, thereby encouraging the recruiters to delve deeper into your education, work experience, and accomplishments…that you mentioned on your resume.
When to use a resume summary?
Unlike the objective statement used to communicate the job’s seekers’ needs and motivations for getting into the new field, a resume statement is favorable to the recruiters customized to the company’s needs. However, a resume summary isn’t appropriate for everyone, only for those who have strong work experience or want to advance their career in the same fields. If you are a recent graduate or want to change your career to a new field, this kind is not highly recommended because of your little experience. In this case, crafting a resume objective is a better choice for you.
How to write a perfect resume summary
In this part, imagine that you are selling your skills and qualifications, so you have to try to convince your customers by giving attractive features. So does writing a resume summary. Scan the job advertisement carefully and find out which skills, work experience, and top accomplishments you have best fit the recruiter’s requirements based on the job ad’s keywords.
After brainstorming what the unique values possess, you have to shortlist and only choose the most notable and suitable ones. Try to tailor your resume summary statement to the job’s requirements for a more effective application. Specially, you need to mention:
- Your work experience: Which company you worked for, your position, and the main roles. For example, “A digital marketer with 5 years experience in FMCG industries.”
- Most extraordinary achievement: The top accomplishment you got in your previous job “ specializing in developing sales strategies which match consumer’s requirements.”
- Your position-related skills: Choose the most relevant skills for the job you are applying for.
- Moreover, you can also list your character traits or your goal when selected as part of this company. This helps you express your long-term vision and indicates your special consideration with this position in the company’s employers’ eyes.
Below are some resume summary samples:
“I am a software developer with robust problem-solving skills and proven experience in creating and designing software in a test-driven environment.”
“I am an IT manager with a holistic knowledge of software development and design. I am also experienced in coordinating with stakeholders.”
“I am a content writer with 5 years of experience working in ABC agency. I am specialized in creating creative content for brand marketing strategies which target customer’s insights correctly.”
A typical resume summary statement
Some useful tips for creating a high – quality resume
While writing your resume summary statement, you can follow these tips below to make an attention-grabbing one:
- Mention the company’s name as you tend and write a killer resume summary that impresses the recruiters right away to be highly appreciated as it makes the recruiters feel personalized. Besides making the hiring manager more impressed with your application, it also indicates that you are really interested in applying for this position.
- Try to utilize action words, descriptive adjectives, and use keywords such as project management, marketing, accounting,.. that you found out from job descriptions. This will make you more suitable for this position in the eye of the recruiters. In fact, some companies use automatic software to shortlist your resumes, so try to add the keywords carefully if you don’t want the application to be rejected no matter how qualified you are.
Useful action words for resume building
- The golden number of this paragraph is 3. You’d better keep it below 5 lines so that we have enough space for the rest of our resume.
- Review the resume summary statement carefully; make sure they meet recruiter requirements. Tailoring your resume to the employer’s needs will help you increase the likelihood of being offered an interview.
Now, write a killer resume summary that impresses the recruiters right away, following all of these instructions and creating an attractive resume yourself. It’s just a piece of cake then.
Writing an interesting resume summary statement that makes the reader impressed never seems to be an easy task. But with all this information and instruction above, you can create one for your own in an unchallenging manner. We hope all of you can make an eye-catching resume that the recruiters can’t ignore and get the dream job soon.