Advantage Of Covid 19 To Studying
In recent days, the whole world is in turmoil by the emergence of the Covid19 pandemic. COVID-19 has posed such an emergency that the whole education system has switched to e-learning in order to keep the students engaged in their academics. (Advantage Of Covid 19 To Studying) Transitioning from in-person classes to online or alternative formats has been the worldwide challenge, especially for those who have never taken an online course. Studying from home will require stronger willpower than usual to stay focused and adapting those tried and true strategies in this new learning environment.
5 Tricks To Take Advantage Of Covid 19
To make this difficult adjustment a bit more manageable, we have included some tips that take advantage of COVID 19 for better online learning below: Advantage Of Covid 19 To Studying Online Better.
1. Set Up Goals (Identify your learning goals)
- As COVID-19 unfolds, you may have fewer social activities, class meetings, or work hours. Setting a schedule for yourself can help provide structure and keep you motivated.
- If you don’t already keep a weekly or daily calendar, try organizing your time more intentionally to include time for exercise and self-care. Making a daily task list is one of the best ways to remember details that you might forget. This is a place for you to jot down milestones, including when an assignment is due. Even better, you can place countdown notes in your morning routine. Nothing gets someone moving faster than the “big exam tomorrow”.
- If you find you have more time on your hands, consider enrolling in soft skills development courses to hone yourself in a wealth of knowledge to better prepare yourself for the future.
2. Make the Most of Video Lectures
- Stick to your instructor’s schedule as much as possible.
- Staying on a schedule will help you have a feeling of normalcy and prevent you from falling behind.
Ask lots of questions. Participate in the chat feature and discussion forums:
- There is an app for everything, and online discussion apps can keep you in touch with the students in your program. My suggestion is to use dedicated apps like Zoom or Microsoft Teams – organize a group discussion and collaborate (Advantage Of Covid 19 To Studying). Group discussions can also be held on Facebook if you organize a group and collaborate. There are free versions available for all three of these apps.
Close distracting tabs and apps while you are watching video lectures. Take notes for online classes:
- It is important to put your phone away, turn off notifications from messages and social media on your computer, and close irrelevant webpages to minimize distraction. Taking notes during the online classes can also keep your hands busy and help to turn your attention to the class content.
- Whether you’re taking courses online or in-person, participation is crucial to success. In addition to showing your professor that you’re engaged, active participation shows that you’re learning and that you’re willing to put in the effort that’s required to be successful. While education is often perceived by some as a passive process, participation turns it into an active process.
3. Changing To Adapt
Your every-day routines have adjusted during this quarantine time. Look for healthy ways to adapt your usual habits and form new ones. Advantage Of Covid 19 To Studying Online Better.
- Own your space: Think about what kind of environment helps you study. If you usually study in a coffee shop or library, see if you can recreate that at home. Maybe it’s studying at the kitchen counter, rather than on your bed or couch, or moving to a new spot when you change tasks. If you feel you need background noise, consider a white noise app or some classical music.
- Create a study plan and share it with others : If you thrive on tight timelines, but now have a more open schedule, think about how working with others or setting up a schedule can recreate that for you. You can also share your study plan with your friends (study buddies!) to keep yourself accountable.
- Try not to procrastinate: Log into class on time as if you’re going to campus. While this is meant for temporary distance learning, this tip will serve you well your entire career. The ability to manage your time wisely will set you apart from those who do not adhere to tight schedules. When you return to the campus for daily classes, you will be able to continue the routine you maintained during distance learning.
- Ask for help when you need it: Your instructors are available to help you with your curriculum. If you’re stuck on a concept or have a question, reach out and ask. The best methods to contact them include email and the student portal.
4. Hierarchy – Improve skills (Advantage Of Covid 19 To Studying)
- Closing schools and moving to online learning provides opportunities for a wide range of students, from students who have difficulty concentrating in class to students with good results.
- For some people, studying at home makes it easier for them to focus and not to be distracted by their friends and surroundings. With good students who do not need much support from their teachers, they can take advantage of online learning opportunities to study at their own pace and rest as they want.
- Many introverts who rarely raise their hands to answer questions, even when they know the answers, are now more confident in speaking out online. They feel more comfortable and assertive when they don’t have to communicate directly with the teacher.
- The strength of online learning is that students can learn by themselves at their own pace and ability.
- For example, when they learn new knowledge, they can watch the teacher’s video or entire lecture repeatedly. So, students who are introverted or able to learn more slowly can still study the lesson.
5. Take Care Yourself
- Don’t forget to work some self-care into your daily routine. Looking after your physical and mental wellbeing is just as important as staying on top of your studies. Whether that’s doing yoga, going for a run, or watching a movie, make sure you’re doing something every day that makes you happy. Your body is a temple, so it deserves by eating healthy, nutritious meals.
- It’s a challenging time right now but remember – you’re not alone. Reach out to your friends and classmates and keep each other sane and accountable.